Associate Director Corporate Development - Brussels
Post Date : 26 January 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half is currently looking for a (m/f) Associate Director Corporate Development for one of its clients.
Our client is a leading, fast growing international Group with the HQ in Brussels.
As Associate Director Corporate Development, you will have following responsibilities:
Overall objective: Identify, develop, manage and close a set of M&A deals fitting the business strategy and needs for a specific geographical and functional area of responsibility and following internal guidelines.
Market analysis and identification (through lists of accreditations as well as market rumors and internal inputs) of potential acquisition targets;
- Select targets together with business leaders based on strategic relevance and likelihood of success;
- Co-ordinate (incl. appropriate documentation) information flow between the targets Business Units, Corporate via log-file and active project list ("short list");
- Approach potential targets, check with owner compatibility of interest/objectives and sell them the company's concept.
- Prepare and manage the confidentiality agreements, gather and analyze preliminary data such as audited account, shareholding and leadership details;
- Evaluate targets based on their business and financial condition and outlook and recommend deal structure;
- Advise on the Transaction process and tactics, in particular interfacing with the potential targets, its shareholders or advisors and assist the business leaders in preparing negotiation documents required to progress a transaction towards completion including term sheets, heads of agreements, indicative offer letters or exclusivity agreements as required;
- Coordinate the due diligence and coordinate the activities of other external advisors (e.g. legal counsel, auditors) as required by the company
- Assist negotiations and related strategy, attend meetings and give comments on sale and purchase documentation until signing/closing as required by the company;
- Validate the acquisition contracts, representations and warranties;
- Create and manage attachments and exhibits for contract;
- Coordinate the closing of the deal, including financial settlements;
3. Integration of the acquired companies
- Assist in setting up reporting and quality of communication between the acquired companies and the general management;
- Support a potential legal reorganization of some companies, fiscal and financial optimization;
- Follow-up any post-closing obligation resulting from the acquisition (earn-outs…);
- Prepare shareholder resolutions and follow-up annual account and post-closing performance.
4. Other Assignments
- Support, in relation to the workload, similar activities in other lines of business/countries.
The requested qualifications for the Associate Director Corporate Development position include:
- A top university degree (ideally major in Finance);
- Further financial qualifications or business qualifications would be useful;
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of professional experience as a M&A transactional specialist/project manager (M&A boutique/consultant, M&A Advisor in Big 4 Companies, corporate internal M&A department, private equity);
- Fluent in Dutch and English, other European languages are a plus;
- Experienced user of MS-Office;
- Project management skills, preferably in managing M&A projects and working in cross-company/cultural teams;
- Numerate and Analytical;
- Commercial acumen with good negotiation skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Interested in this new challenge? Apply today!