All-round Legal Counsel - North of Brussels
Post Date : 15 June 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half Legal is currently looking to recruit an All-round Legal Counsel for one of our clients.
Our client, a Belgian company active in the IT sector is based in the North side of Brussels.
As All-round Legal Counsel you will have following responsibilities:
- Provide functional legal support and advice to all the company's business units;
- Draft, review and suggest modifications to contracts (buy-sell agreements, distribution agreements, agency agreements, NDA's, letters of intent, etc.) and where deemed necessary participate in the negotiation of such contracts;
- Follow-up investments and related corporate matters (acquisition of new subsidiaries, capital increases, mergers, liquidations, (re)financing, corporate housekeeping of the group, etc.);
- Keep up with developments within commercial, corporate and IT law, develop and maintain standard documentation and standard processes, provide input for shared know-how, and monitor compliance of the organization with laws/regulations (including compliance with GDPR regulations) and internal policies/guidelines;
- Manage litigation files with external lawyers;
- Identify areas of process improvements, make recommendations, identify risks and issues, proposing alternatives that lead to the best solution;
- Manage the Legal Officer by managing and prioritizing the work, providing assistance, guidelines and support to the team.
The requested qualifications for the position of All-round Legal Counsel include:
- Master Degree in Law;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in commercial, corporate and IT law. Knowledge of privacy law is an asset;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, good knowledge in French;
- Excellent drafting skills, strong analytical skills and the ability to translate complex legal matters and business requirements into clear legal wording;
- Eager to learn, good dose of common sense, business oriented, pragmatic approach, meticulous, hands-on, very good communication skills, self-starter with team attitude, natural people management skills.
Interested in this position of All-round Legal Counsel? Apply today!