Accounting and Tax Specialist - Brussels
Post Date : 01 June 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half is currently looking for a (m/f) Accounting and Tax Specialist for one of our clients.
Our client, active in the banking sector is based in Brussels.
Reporting to the Head of General Accounting, the Accounting & Tax Specialist will have following responsibilities:
- Together with the accounting team, you prepare, book, verify, analyse and report booking entries;
- Establish accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles;
- Analyse and prepare statutory accounts, financial statements and reports;
- Perform tax processes and contribute to analysis of tax legislation updates in coordination with the Group tax department;
- Supervise and control timely, accurate and complete annual reporting on tax returns and VAT in order to ensure compliance with tax regulations;
- Collaborate with the Financial Excellence Team in achieving continuous improvement.
The requested qualifications for the position of Accounting & Tax Specialist includes:
- Master degree in Economics (Finance) with an additional degree in tax management;
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an accountant/auditor/tax in an accounting firm or bank;
- Experience in the financial/banking sector is a real asset;
- Fluent in Dutch and French, good knowledge of English;
- Strong command of IT Skills and MS Office;
- Able to work autonomously in an organized manner;
- Team-player and good communicator;
- Accurate, rigorous and strive to quality;
- Used to meet deadlines;
- Analytical and constructively critical mind-set;
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload efficiently in a very dynamic environment;
- Process-minded, take initiatives and pro-active.
Interested in this position of Accounting & Tax Specialist? Apply today!