Accountant - Brussels
Post Date : 15 June 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half is currently looking for an (m/f) Accountant for one of our clients.
Our client is an international non-profit organisation based in Brussels.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accountant will have following responsibilities:
- General Ledger:
- Prepare the VAT declarations abroad with the help of an external VAT consultant;
- Reconciliation of the VAT accounts abroad;
- Participate in the month-end close process (accruals, prepaid accounts, other closing entries);
- Reconcile customer and supplier balances;
- Prepare and post journal entries;
- Keep track of pro-forma invoices;
- Ad-hoc support to Finance Manager and Senior Accountant;
- Accounts Payable:
- Book purchase invoices, credit notes and expense reimbursements in 2 different entities;
- Print Zoomit invoices;
- Prepare payments in Isabel;
- Book bank statements;
- Handle all paperwork with regard to company credit cards (chasing all credit card receipts);
- Coordinate the overall process of expense reimbursements;
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Industry sales invoicing (partners, exhibitors and stands);
- Reconcile Industry revenue;
- Accounts Receivable Collections: review aging list / outstanding debts and take necessary action and follow up;
- Deal with Finance mailbox and Reimbursement mailbox;
- NBB statistics.
The requested qualifications for the position of Accountant include:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance with very good knowledge of accounting principles (local Belgian GAAP policies and procedures);
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Accounting in an international environment;
- Fluent in Dutch or French and English;
- Proficient in MS Office, knowledge of Exact Online is an asset;
- Positive mind-set;
- You are pro-active, reliable, flexible and you have an eye for detail;
- You are a team player with the ability to work independently and autonomously;
- Ability to handle stress and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
Our client offers you a challenging and varied role in a high demanding but pleasant, multicultural and international environment.
Interested in this position of Accountant? Apply today!