Support Expert (Centrum Antwerpen)
Post Date : 22 August 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half Technology is currently looking for a Support Expert for an international company in the center of Antwerp.
Our client is a worldwide leader in logistics. Employing over 10.000 people worldwide.
Due to the growth of the IT Department in Antwerp, we are looking for an experienced Support Expert.
You will be part of a small yet dedicated IT Department of 4 people and report directly to the local IT Manager.
Your responsibilities for this role are:
- You provide support on hardware- and software related issues. These may involve: workstation hardware maintenance, end-user support, AS400 issues, vendor management, office moves, follow up on tickets, etc;
- You install new equipment and software: servers, backup systems, manage software deployment and licensing inventory;
- You manage user accounts: provision, updates for new- and existing hires;
- You work closely with the IT Manager regarding IT Projects, this may involve a minimum amount of travel to the head office in Paris;
- You immerse yourself in the current IT Environment and make suggestions if needed.
For this role we are looking for someone with the following elements:
- You have obtained a Bachelor degree in IT, or have adequate experience in a similar role;
- You have a good knowledge regarding: infrastructure (networking, smartphones, NAS, Citrix), Servers (Dell, VMWare, Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory) and End-User Support (Dell, Windows OS 7, Office suites, etc);
- You are a team player but are also good in working independently;
- You are communicative, and eager to help out the IT users;
- You are hungry for knowledge! Learning new technologies is something you embrace, keeping up to date with the newest trends;
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is seen as a very interesting asset;
- You have a few years of experience in a similar role.
You will join a motivated and stimulating environment and you will be able to come in a young international office. Our client provides a salary package with extra-legal benefits based on your skills and knowledge.
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible.