Software Architect - Global company
June 11, 2019
IT & technology
Our client is a global and well-known company with the ambition to offer first-class digital and online platforms to communicate with their customers. This role will be based in Willebroek, at the European IT headquarters of the company.
The following responsibilities are yours:
- As a key person in the IT organization, you will set up, manage and design the software architecture of multi-tier and customer-facing applications (consumer websites, mobile apps, etc).
- You develop and co-develop the designed architectures in a bi-model environment with open source, java based technology stack and enterprise application servers.
- You guide and educate other developers on the architectural design and software development.
- You choose the best fitting software development environment in line with existing company standards.
- You maintain the relationship with other architects (Solution Architect, Enterprise Architect) and project leaders/managers in order to ensure that the software architecture fits in with the global IT architecture.
- You Support and coach (analyst) developers in order to improve the quality of the developments and to increase the efficiency of the development process:
- Plan development meetings
- Work with pairing and reviews
- Set up build pipelines to improve quality
- You will be responsible for delivering new and/or optimized applications in order to ensure that they will fit in with the predefined architecture. Also you stay in close contact with the business to get their feedback on the day-to-day use of the applications.
- Follow up the technical evolution within the sector, pass on knowledge to colleagues and indicate opportunities, in order to identify solutions in line with the prevailing market that meet the current and future expectations.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- You have a bachelor or master degree in IT combined with a minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant working experience.
- You have a proven record of Software Architecture skills.
- You are able to translate strategic goals into working software for the customer.
- You have an interest in latest architecture, technology, solutions, and industry trends.
- You are able to challenge the development teams, ask great questions that compel further discussion.
- You have excellent analytic
- You are a dynamic and strong personality.
- You have good interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- You have the challenger
- You are fluent in Dutch and English; knowledge of German is an asset.
- You are willing to occasional travel abroad.
You have high experience in one of the following technology stacks:
- Java 8+
- Jenkins, Sonar, Artifactory
- AWS Lambda, Cloudformation, SQS, SNS
- Weblogic or Websphere
- Recent angular
- REST webservices and microservice design
- ORM, JPA, hibernate
- Eventing and queueing solutions
- Security standards like OWASP and technologies like OAuth2
Our client offers a unique opportunity to work at the European IT headquarters of a global company. In this role you will be able to shape the digital and online outlook of their customer-facing applications.
In addition, they offer a competitive salary package including a company car, meal vouchers, insurance package, bonus, mobile phone, flexible hours, homework and 35 holidays.
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Door te solliciteren op deze baan, erkent u dat u de volgende voorwaarden hebt gelezen en accepteert :
AntwerpJan Van Gentstraat 1 box 301