Regional Controller - north of Antwerp
Post Date : 16 June 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half is currently recruiting a Regional Controller for the headquarters of our client, based in the north of Antwerp. You will be part of a controlling team.
Our client is a Belgian group that employs about 1,500 people worldwide and has operations in Central & Latin America, Europe, Africa & Asia. The group has been growing rapidly the last couple of years.
As Regional Controller your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that adequate internal control is applied in affiliates worldwide with a focus on the region that is attributed to you.
- Support the accounting processes in the affiliates within your region.
- Supervise the timely and correct reporting of all affiliates. Make sure deadlines for the various reporting are achieved.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies across all locations. (Policies regarding fixed assets, inventory and inventory related accounts and standard costs).
- Follow-up and report on various risk (accounts receivable, taxes, stock control, etc.).
- Constantly review internal processes and procedures and proactively recommend improvements and assist in implementing them.
- Coordinate the Audit Reviews with Regional Business owners and develop a close relationship with them.
- Develop a close working relationship with your affiliates management to stay closely connected on business evolutions and local reality.
- Develop in depth understanding on local business models to support financial statement analysis and validation in support of decision making at local and regional level.
- Support annual budget cycle and monthly financial reporting & analysis on group level.
- Manage ad-hoc projects within the above task scope as needed.
The requested qualifications for this job:
- You have obtained a Master Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- You have minimum 5 years of experience in audit or in a similar function within a multinational environment showing strong business finance skills.
- You are prepared to travel at least 20% - 25% of your time.
- You are fluent in both English and Spanish.
- You are proactive and not afraid to take initiatives and go the extra mile.
- You have an open personality and you are a strong communicator.
- You are rigorous and diplomatic at the same time.
- You have an analytical and critical mindset.
- You are stress resistant, punctual and focused on achieving deadlines.
Our client offers:
- A job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment.
- Cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture.
- An attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits (e.g. company
- car, meal vouchers, …).
Are you interested in this position? Apply now and send us your cv. We will get back to you as soon as possible.