Regional Controller - north of Antwerp
Post Date : 23 October 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half is currently recruiting a Regional Controller for the headquarters of our client, based in the north of Antwerp. You will be part of a controlling team.
Our client is a Belgian group that employs about 1,500 people worldwide and has operations in Central & Latin America, Europe, Africa & Asia. The group has been growing rapidly the last couple of years.
As Regional Controller your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that adequate internal control is applied in affiliates worldwide with a focus on the region that is attributed to you.
- Support the accounting processes in the affiliates within your region.
- Supervise the timely and correct reporting of all affiliates. Make sure deadlines for the various reporting are achieved.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies across all locations. (Policies regarding fixed assets, inventory and inventory related accounts and standard costs).
- Follow-up and report on various risk (accounts receivable, taxes, stock control, etc.).
- Constantly review internal processes and procedures and proactively recommend improvements and assist in implementing them.
- Coordinate the Audit Reviews with Regional Business owners and develop a close relationship with them.
- Develop a close working relationship with your affiliates management to stay closely connected on business evolutions and local reality.
- Develop in depth understanding on local business models to support financial statement analysis and validation in support of decision making at local and regional level.
- Support annual budget cycle and monthly financial reporting & analysis on group level.
- Manage ad-hoc projects within the above task scope as needed.
The requested qualifications for this job:
- You have obtained a Master Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- You have minimum 5 years of experience in audit or in a similar function within a multinational environment showing strong business finance skills.
- You are prepared to travel at least 20% - 25% of your time.
- You are fluent in both English and Spanish.
- You are proactive and not afraid to take initiatives and go the extra mile.
- You have an open personality and you are a strong communicator.
- You are rigorous and diplomatic at the same time.
- You have an analytical and critical mindset.
- You are stress resistant, punctual and focused on achieving deadlines.
Our client offers:
- A job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment.
- Cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture.
- An attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits (e.g. company
- car, meal vouchers, …).
Are you interested in this position? Apply now and send us your cv. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Door te solliciteren op deze baan, erkent u dat u de volgende voorwaarden hebt gelezen en accepteert :