Master Data Manager - Global role
Post Date : 17 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :For our client's European headquarters based in Antwerp, Robert Half Technology is currently recruiting a Master Data Manager. This position will have responsibility for overall and global governance and management of Master Data assets ensuring quality, completeness and accuracy of the data in their various ERP systems.
The company is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality products across Europe and is currently in the roll-out phase of an ERP system.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for global master data integrity;
- The position will further build, develop and manage a small team of regional MDM Specialists located in both Europe and North America;
- You establish global data governance policies and participate in the development and implementation of any regional policies;
- You interface with key business users and stake holders to ensure that master data is meeting their needs;
- You maintain workflows for routing and approval of master data changes;
- You monitor data quality across applications, conduct data reviews & audits, and initiate corrective actions where necessary;
- You define, measure, and report master data quality standards and metrics;
- You identify and evaluate opportunities for continuous improvement of data quality, processes and standards;
- You communicate with senior management and stakeholders at multiple levels on updates, changes, adds, or transitions to global policies and data standards.
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology or related field
- Min. 5 years of expertise built up in data management; MDM, data quality, data audit, or related work experience
- Proven success in remote people management (min. of 3 years) across different time zones of both direct and indirect reports
- Strong result orientation with a can-do and hands-on attitude
- Culturally savvy
- Solid experience working with ERP systems; JD Edwards preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills and ability to juggle with changing priorities
- Proven track record demonstrating the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented team environment
- Prior experience with managing key change projects
- Ability to quickly build a clear understanding of MDM as an enabler of process excellence
- Prior experience in moving an organization from a decentralized data management approach to a more centralized data management model is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships, influence and collaborate with peers and senior management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Dutch, demonstrated at all levels of the organization (fluency in French is a plus)
- Ability to travel is required (min. 20 % of the time), including periodic international travel
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible.