Hands-on IT Project Manager
Post Date : 01 September 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half is currently recruiting a hands-on IT Project Manager to join the Antwerp headquarters of a fast growing franchising group in the food industry.
Our client offers a dynamic, challenging environment leaving room for personal growth for all their employees.
The scope of responsibilities for this job include:
- You report to the IT Manager Belux;
- You develop and implement a strong Point of Sales (POS) strategy in the different locations across Belgium and Luxemburg.
- This strategy is related to hardware and software acquisition, use of applications, support, security and backup. You evaluate the existing Point of Sales applications with a critical mindset and suggest the best solutions;
- You negotiate contracts with external IT partners: consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products;
- You challenge these external partners on quality of the delivered service and products and make sure they maintain a high service level;
- You manage the day-to-day POS operations;
- You evaluate 2nd and 3d line incidents related to POS at the different sites. You closely cooperate with the external partners to have a solid solution
- You research and evaluate new technologies;
- You actively contribute to the IT budget in a cost-effective way.
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or experience
- 3+ years applications support, technical infrastructure, system implementation experience
- Proven track record in change management and set-up of new IT environments/infrastructure is a plus.
- Also a plus: knowledge of and/or experience with the POS development process
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with main partners and communicate appropriately with them in Dutch/French and English (both orally and in writing).
- Ability to accomplish results through others
- Customer-centricity, creativity and solution orientation are second nature to you.
- Flexible and stress-resistant and can translate a vision into a concrete action plan.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical ideas in easy to understand business terms and across all layers of management
Our client offers:
- A meritocratic environment
- Empowerment to act and make an impact
- Exiting environment with numerous challenges
- The opportunity to build a new POS strategy
- A long term career
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible.