German speaking Senior Legal Counsel - Antwerp
Post Date : 28 February 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half Legal is currently looking for a (m/f) German speaking Senior Legal Counsel for one of our clients.
Our client, active in the transport sector is based in Antwerp.
Reporting to the Legal & Operations Director, the German speaking Senior Legal Counsel will have following responsibilities:
- Prepare, negotiate, manage and comply all commercial and other agreements entered into by companies, in accordance with group standards with a sound understanding of the relevant risks and obligations;
- Dispute management and follow-up of litigations:
- General and specialised legal advice to colleagues from the commercial, engineering and general management departments:
- Legal support for transactions (including contract with Suppliers),
- Legal input on board papers,
- Legal advice, research, seeking external legal advice on country-specific issues, co-ordination with engineering, commercial, operations and finance department,
- Ability to understand technical and financial implications of a given transaction and more generally being aware of issues beyond the purely legal ones;
- Availability of standard lease documents and other contractual documents, regularly updated and easily accessible for commercial and/ engineering team:
- Regular review of standard documents, keeping them updated taking into account changed circumstances and experience on previous transactions, in close so-operation with external lawyers in respective countries,
- Create/draft new standard documents as per changing needs of the business, in close co-operation of external lawyers in respective countries,
- Compliance with corporate governance:
- Manage external counsels (including negotiation of legal fees for services);
- Provide legal training to colleagues;
- Ad hoc supervision/guidance of colleagues (in absence of Legal & Operations Director).
The requested qualifications for the positon of German speaking Senior Legal Counsel include:
- Qualified lawyer in European country, preferably with a commercial or financial law emphasis;
- Minimum 7 years of experience as legal counsel, with 3 years in a law firm preferred;
- Fluent in English, German and Dutch, French is an asset;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Proactive and self-motivated attitude;
- Organised, methodical, eye for detail, problem solver;
- Ability to manage/supervise colleagues in absence of the Legal & Operations Director.
Interested in this position of German speaking Senior Legal Counsel? Apply today!