Finance Manager - Banking - Antwerp
May 6, 2019
Accounting & finance
Our client is a stable, dynamic company and a large player in the banking sector.
The scope of responsibilities for this challenging job include:
- Coordinate and organise the different activities of the department according to the priorities and competences of each and the needs of the organisation to ensure an efficient and effective service can be offered that meets the quality criteria of the organisation within the set terms.
- Proactive support and service of all business lines / as partner in business
- Focus on continuous efficiency and quality improvement. Challenging himself and others to take initiatives with a view to a better result. Taking independent action to carry out new plans and solve problems.
- Motivate a team of accountants and assistant accountants to ensure that their competences, skills and know-how are best used and that we have a well-functioning team in place.
- Supervise and support accountancy staff with regard to the incoming and outgoing invoice process, settlement between organisations and stock and fixed asset management to ensure the progress of accountancy and payment processes can be guaranteed.
- Analyse financial reports, check the correctness of journal entries, payroll data, debtor and creditor ledgers and tax returns to ensure we can guarantee the correct processing of data.
- Solve complex accountancy issues and supervise regular reporting to ensure that correct accounting can be guaranteed in line with the law.
- Ensure you are well-informed about the evolutions and developments related to accountancy and that your knowledge is up-to-date within the context of the amendments to regulations to ensure your credibility can be strengthened by offering a service that is continuously based on updated knowledge.
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- University/Master degree.
- People Management (motivation, communication, development, coaching, performance mgt…)
- Ability to oversee and cover conceptual, tactical and operational working
- Operational excellence in supporting the business lines (proactive).
- Working together with the business lines, Control RI, Audit, external parties.
- Actively focusing on achieving results and reaching the goals of the organisation or the unit. Looking for challenges and identifying and creating opportunities to improve results.
- Inspiring, encouraging and facilitating the group so that members thereof can and want to make a contribution to a joint result.
What's in it for you?
- You will have the ability to work in a dynamic but stable environment.
- They offer an attractive salary with extralegal benefits such as:
- Group- and Health Insurance
- Meal vouchers
- Eco vouchers
- Company Car is negotiable
- 33 vacation days
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today mentioning reference n°10807851 and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Door te solliciteren op deze baan, erkent u dat u de volgende voorwaarden hebt gelezen en accepteert :
AntwerpJan Van Gentstraat 1 box 301