Post Date : 21 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half is currently recruiting an Accounting Associate for a health insurance company based in Antwerp.
Our client is an international company with several offices in Europe.
The position of Accounting Senior Associate exists within the Finance Team based in Antwerp. This position will report directly to the Finance Team Leader who in turn reports to the Deputy Director Finance.
The principal responsibility of this role will be the monthly reconciliation of financial (bank) ledgers and the preparation of settlements to clients or insurers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconcile a large number of bank reconciliations to support the service delivered to the Business Units on a monthly basis.
- Investigate old reconciling items and help improve the reconciliations status.
- Work and develop an understanding of the operational processes and how these impact upon the business units and reconciliations.
- Work within the Finance Team processing multi-currency electronic payments, cheque disbursements, daily banking and standing orders. Prepare the monthly settlements of premiums and claims to clients or insurers.
- Prepare journals and work with line accountants to ensure these are appropriately approved and posted on a timely basis
- Report generation from on line banking systems and Unit4 (accounting software) ledgers
- Adhoc duties as required.
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- Experience of high volume reconciliations/ payment processes preferably in a multi-currency environment
- Basic accounting knowledge with understanding of double entry book keeping
- Experience of working within a multi-currency operational finance environment
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience in Excel and any reconciliation and accounting systems would be advantageous.
- Good IT knowledge with accurate keyboard skills.
- Good problem solving skills with the tenacity to get to the root of a problem
- Self starter who is very flexible, results driven and able to meet tight deadlines
- Confident individual who is a good team player and able to work with a broad range of people across the organization
- Learning and Applying Quickly
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Priority Setting
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible.