Accountant A-Z - Production - Centre of Antwerp
November 10, 2019
Accounting & finance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is currently recruiting an Accountant A-Z who would like to work in a leading, international environment.
Our client is an international company located in the heart of Antwerp and is part of an American listed company.
The main accountabilities for this job include:
Accounting & Reporting:
- AZ Accounting including payroll, taxes and intercompany transactions.
- Set up and management of monthly accruals ensuring completeness of both balance sheet and income statement according to local and US GAAP.
- Processing of outgoing payments and monitoring of cash position and FX heding requirements.
- Management of fixed assets.
- Processing of cross charges to other group affiliated companies and coordinating journal entries affecting books across different affiliated companies.
- Review trial balance and reconciliation of general ledger accounts to sub-ledgers and supporting documentation.
- Remediation of reconciling differences in close cooperation with Head Quarter IT department.
- Collaborate with cost accountant to ensure proper valuation of inventory and LCM provisions where required.
- Support annual physical inventory count and reconciliation process.
- Ensure proper and efficient use of JDE and reporting tools - optimize reconciliations between sub-ledger and general ledger.
- Ensure accounting processes are completed in most efficient and LEAN way.
- Propose improvements in processes and in use of available tools where possible.
Statutory and Group compliance:
- Champion and perform Sox controls procedures for Antwerp facility.
- Produce periodic filing "PRODCOM" to Belgian Government, structuurenquête and other periodic statistics required by government.
- Produce monthly reporting schedules to Tiffany & Co headquarters.
- Prepare monthly Treasury reporting and Cash flow schedule to Tiffany reporting group.
- Prepare statutory financial statements filings and lead in supporting internal, external and statutory auditors for group and statutory sign off on the financial and tax accounts.
- Preparation of draft carat tax filing for review by tax consultant.
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- You have a degree in accounting;
- You have more than 5 year of experience in accounting;
- You have an excellent knowledge of English;
- You have a strong mind for numbers as well as an analytical mindset;
- You have experience with Belgian accounting standards, VAT declaration and preparation of annual accounts. Knowledge of USGAAP is a plus;
- You can work very well with MS Office, especially Excel;
- Experience with JD Edwards, Business Objects and/or other ERP systems is definitely a plus;
- You like to work in an international environment;
- You are able to work independently as well as in team;
- You can easily prioritize you workload.
You will receive a full salary package including:
- Eco vouchers
- Health insurance
- Group insurance
- Meal vouchers
- Flexible work hours
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Door te solliciteren op deze baan, erkent u dat u de volgende voorwaarden hebt gelezen en accepteert :
AntwerpJan Van Gentstraat 1 box 301