A sales assistant supports one or several sales managers/representatives in the company. He/she is responsible for the administrative sales support and ensures smooth communication and coordination between the sales manager(s) and the customers.
View our latest jobs
Tasks of a sales assistant
A sales assistant:
- manages incoming telephone calls for the sales manager(s).
- prepares the customer visits of the sales manager(s).
- prepares offers and sales reports.
- handles orders.
- offers advice to customers in terms of delivery dates, invoicing, etc.
- organises the after-sales service and deals with complaints.
- keeps the customer database up to date.
- monitors the payments of customers.
Required skills for a sales assistant
For a position as sales assistant employers require at least a higher secondary education degree. Along with a strong service orientation, relevant experience with customer contacts is a major plus. Required skills are:
- customer focus.
- being diplomatic and empathic.
- smooth verbal abilities.
- knowledge of several languages.
- ability to work together and function in a team of representatives.
- meticulous working habits.
- ability to manage databases.