A logistics employee handles the planning of (inter)national transport and ensures that orders are correctly delivered to the customers. In this role, the logistics employee is responsible for a precise transport administration and at the same time he/she has extensive telephone contacts with various parties. Flexibility, methodical work habits and the ability to deal with unforeseen situations are absolute requirements for this position.
The newest jobs
Tasks of a logistics employee
A logistics employee:
- prepares transport and freight documents.
- arranges customs formalities for international transports.
- applies administrative rules and procedures for the transport sector.
- schedules the transports.
- maintains contacts with drivers, transporters, customers and customs authorities.
- efficiently organises goods flows.
- respects the proposed delivery deadlines.
- seeks solutions for unexpected logistical problems.
Required skills of a logistics employee
A logistics employee generally possesses a bachelor in logistics management. Experience in a comparable position is always a major plus for a logistics employee. Required skills are:
- a good knowledge of foreign languages.
- resistant to stress.
- ability to deal with flexible working hours.
- analytical and customer-focused thinking.
- ability to deal with specific software for transport and logistics.
- ability to think logically and methodically.
- strong organisational abilities.
- solution-oriented thinking.
- can meet deadlines.