A financial analyst analyses the financial situation and financial data of a company. While doing so he or she not only takes the company into account but also its environment.
View our latest jobs
Duties of a financial analyst
A financial analyst:
- Analyses the profitability of new and existing product lines, promotion expenses and cost of services and organisation.
- Performs all kinds of financial analyses: calculating investment costs and monitoring the financial performance of the company through liquidity, solvency and profitability analyses.
- Prepares P&l models and other management reports.
- Performs variance analyses and forecasts for various levels of management.
- Analyses the most important activities and establishes KPIs.
- Supports the financial controller.
Competencies of a financial analyst
A financial analyst is a typical entry position for a recent university graduate.
Essential competencies are:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Result driven and independent worker.
- Knowledge of financial instruments.
- Able to make and maintain high-level contacts.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Good in English and French.