An administrative employee is responsible for the administrative flow within a company or department.
Our newest jobs in administration
Tasks of an administrative employee
An administrative employee:
- handles incoming and outgoing post, e-mails and faxes.
- processes data in Excel, Access or a company-specific system.
- prepares documents, records, price lists and reports.
- orders office supplies.
- does the filing.
Required skills for an administrative employee
An administrative employee possesses a secondary education degree. Relevant administrative work experience is a major plus. Essential skills are:
- blind typing
- flawless processing of memoranda and reports
- performance of repetitive administrative tasks
- ability to work easily with a computer
- knowledge of Microsoft Office
- meticulous work habits
- written and oral communication skills